Club Whittley Queensland was founded on 21 August 1996 following a most enjoyable and enlightening Whittley Rally arranged by Northside Marine at Sanctuary Cove.
Buoyed with the success of the inaugural Whittley Rally, the Club Whittley Queensland Committee have arranged many day, weekend and extended outings at anchorages extending from Caloundra to the Marine Stadium, Southport and The Tweed, with extended trips to the Whitsundays and Hervey Bay.
Every second year a national Whittley Owners rally is orgainsed by one of the nation's Whittley clubs ( VIC in 2014, NSW 2016 and Qld was in 2018). These rallies are very popular and members have the opportunity to meet the Whittley Family, Neville and his son Alan, who generously spend time speaking with everyone.
Club Whittley Qld was incorporated in August 1998 and today has over 80 boats registered. We maintain close relationships with both Northside Marine & the Whittley Family.
- Regular outings (approx 10 per year)
- Casual and easy outing structure.
- Safety first. We never consciously place members in danger and consider all boat sizes and styles.
- Mix with other of the same the same interest.
- Learn how other members solve that problem you feel is specific to you.
- Share in our knowledge-base of boat ownership both in person and in the members area on the Web Site and through the newsletter.
- Learn the best boat ramps, safest anchorages and explore new areas.
- Travel with other boats to see the best routes.
- Receive assistance from willing fellow members in all matters boating.
- Learn about the latest and greatest boating ideas and see them applied on other boats.
- Club Whittley Members Boat Insurance Scheme - C A Insurance Brokers, a major sponsor of Club Whittley Qld have developed a tailored Pleasure Craft insurance policy for its members and provide the best possible cover specifically for Whittley Cruisers at a heavily discounted price.
Typical Event Outings:
- Launch Saturday morning at a ramp nearest the venue (some members arrive Friday night).
- Meet at the designated anchorage.
- Enjoy the day doing your thing.
- Meet for a BBQ at 4 pm. This can be on the beach or another facility.
- Enjoy a social evening till dark.
- Sleep on board overnight.
- Breakfast on board or on the beach.
- Do your thing for the day.
- Return to the ramp at your convenience.
Longer stay outing
- The above applies generally.
- You will need to provision for a longer stay on-board.
- We would normally structure the outing to explore new areas together. A typical stay would be to the Tweed River, Clarence River or the Sandy Straits.
- Learn how to push your boating limits under safe and controlled conditions with fellow boat owners there to assist.
Other Whittley Clubs
Information on older Whittley models
- Tides Brisbane Bar (BOM)
- Moreton Bay Forcast (BOM)
- Rain Radar Brisbane (BOM)
- Beacon-to-Beacon Maps (Download from MSQ)
For more information:
Contact Darryl Ayson (Commodore)
Phone 0413 837 823 email : email@example.comMembership Form